The ‘ia32-libs’ package for 32bit library support has been removed from Ubuntu. In order to do some flex debugging and get the Flash debug player working in my 64bit Ubuntu environment, I needed to install the 32bit libraries. I found this solution worked for me:
sudo apt-get install libc6:i386
echo "deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ raring main restricted universe multiverse" >ia32-libs-raring.list
apt-get install ia32-libs
As of kernel in Ubuntu 11.10 (at least as of late 2011 updates), XFI USB (and Titanium HD support) is there.
However for whatever reason, it’s disabled by default as a preference/rule in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf, and doesn’t show up in listed devices nor does it play.
Had to go in that conf file, right near the bottom or find this:
“# Keep snd-usb-audio from beeing loaded as first soundcard
options snd-usb-audio index=-2”
… and change the -2 to 1 (being an index for device). This allowed both my on-board Intel audio (index 0) and USB xfi (index 1) to show up at the same time.
The example: taring up “proto/” directory, but excluding all the hidden “.svn/” subversion metadata directories.
# tar -czvf proto.tgz –exclude=.svn proto/
[Wed Oct 06 16:27:53 2010] [crit] (13)Permission denied: FastCGI: can’t create server “/opt/ai/core/gui/bin/start_aigui_fastcgi.sh”: bind() failed [/etc/httpd/logs/fastcgi/d6b459611d6278dea13062a91e78bbbb]
Mental note, if you see this error in /var/log/httpd/error_log …
Know that /etc/httpd/logs is a symlink to /var/log/httpd/ and this error is either permissions problem having to do with “apache” user trying to write following this symlink, OR SELinux is getting in the way.
At least in my case I disabled SELinux and fastcgi can now start up. Stuff like this drives me nuts…
… if only there were 48 hours in a day.
I recently updated my system at work to Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty. It provides a more native environment for our development tools. With Hardy, I had to back port and find hacks for things to meet requirements.
Anyway, now happily running 9.04 32-bit, installed VMWare Server 1.0.9 to run a Windows XP Pro client on my Ubuntu host. I found that something in the newer X server is mucking up keyboard mappings to VMWare such that the arrow keys, page up/down, home, delete etc. and number keys do weird things like opening menus and programs.
After some time, I found that I could at least workaround the problem by hard coding broken keymaps like so:
In ~/.vmware/config (create it if it doesn’t exist), put the following:
xkeymap.keycode.108 = 0x138 # Alt_R
xkeymap.keycode.106 = 0x135 # KP_Divide
xkeymap.keycode.104 = 0x11c # KP_Enter
xkeymap.keycode.111 = 0x148 # Up
xkeymap.keycode.116 = 0x150 # Down
xkeymap.keycode.113 = 0x14b # Left
xkeymap.keycode.114 = 0x14d # Right
xkeymap.keycode.105 = 0x11d # Control_R
xkeymap.keycode.118 = 0x152 # Insert
xkeymap.keycode.119 = 0x153 # Delete
xkeymap.keycode.110 = 0x147 # Home
xkeymap.keycode.115 = 0x14f # End
xkeymap.keycode.112 = 0x149 # Prior
xkeymap.keycode.117 = 0x151 # Next
xkeymap.keycode.78 = 0x46 # Scroll_Lock
xkeymap.keycode.127 = 0x100 # Pause
xkeymap.keycode.133 = 0x15b # Meta_L
xkeymap.keycode.134 = 0x15c # Meta_R
xkeymap.keycode.135 = 0x15d # Menu